Carnage Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Zach Parise scores twice, Ilya Kovalchuk adds goal as Devils notch first win, 4-2, over Hurricanes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
anylove

Zach Parise scores twice, Ilya Kovalchuk adds goal as Devils notch first win, 4-2, over Hurricanes Empty
PostSubject: Zach Parise scores twice, Ilya Kovalchuk adds goal as Devils notch first win, 4-2, over Hurricanes   Zach Parise scores twice, Ilya Kovalchuk adds goal as Devils notch first win, 4-2, over Hurricanes EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 3:32 am

It was not quite a year, but for Zach Parise it felt longer. The Devils and their top goal scorer had been through a lot since the last time Parise had tallied.

"It's always a good feeling when you score a goal," Parise said. "There is a lot of excitement that rushes through you. When you aren't playing, or you are not scoring, you just want to get that feeling back."

Parise got that feeling back Monday, scoring two cheap nhl jerseys goals in the Devils' 4-2 win over the Hurricanes at the Rock in Newark. It was the first

win of the season for the Devils (1-1-0) and the first for Pete DeBoer as their head coach.

Ilya Kovalchuk scored the game-winner early in the third period and assisted on two other goals, including Parise's second. Mark Fayne scored a goal and Nick Palmieri had two assists.

Last year's Calder Trophy wholesale jerseys china (top rookie) winner Jeff Skinner continued his three-game point streak with an assist and Alexei Ponikarovsky and

Chad LaRose scored for the Hurricanes (0-2-1).

It was also the surprising first start (and win) for Devils goaltender Johan Hedberg, who made 24 saves. Hedberg did not replace veteran Martin Brodeur in the starting lineup last season until the eighth game.

"That decision was made when we had 81 games to play. I was looking at the big picture; we are going to need both (Hedberg and Brodeur) discount jerseys this year,"

DeBoer said. "It's looking ahead."

The Devils are tired of looking back at 2010-11, a disaster of a season that was their first since 1996 to end without a playoff berth.

It was no coincidence that Parise missed 65 games last season after November surgery on his right knee. A 40-plus goal scorer the previous two seasons, Parise scored his last goal of the 2010-11 season on Oct.

23 in Buffalo, and the Devils missed his offense.

Though he returned saying he was confident in the knee, Parise did not score in the preseason. While others may have been concerned about whether he could return to his top form, Parise said he never worried.

"I don't have any doubts that I'll get cheap mlb jerseys back to the same or even better than I was before," Parise said. "It takes time. It was a long time

being away from the game. The biggest part for me is to be patient."

It took a game for the Devils' offense to get going. After getting shut out by the Flyers in the season opener, there was a sense of relief when just 3:59 into the game, Parise scored a vintage Parise goal.

Staked out next to Hurricanes goaltender Cam Ward's crease, Parise deflected Patrik Elias' wide shot just behind Ward.

"It felt good to get the first one," said Parise, who would also score an empty-net power play goal with just 1:06 to play. "It felt good to get it, because now we can just play and we don't have to talk about it

anymore."

Read More:http://divinereflex.team-talk.net/t17-zach-parise-scores-

twice-ilya-kovalchuk-adds-goal-as-devils-notch-first-win-4-2-over-hurricanes
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfl-uniforms.com

Zach Parise scores twice, Ilya Kovalchuk adds goal as Devils notch first win, 4-2, over Hurricanes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Carnage Gaming :: Carnage Gaming :: Tutorials And Guides-
Jump to: